The Paleo Recipe Book

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Raptor Ridge Pinot Noir Wine - 2006 Raptor Ridge Shea Vineyard Bottle Tasting

The 2006 Raptor Ridge Shea Pinot Noir was a bottle I found at an excellent price on the Internet. I am finding nice deals on wine bottles online through retail stores and at auctio. I bought 3 of them and I think I paid $20 for each. An excellent price for highly regarded Pinot Noir from Oregon.

Oregon is one of my favorite areas for clean, but sharp and flavored pinot noir in the burgundy style of wine. This Raptor Ridge bottle is also from one of the great and more famous vineyards for wine in Oregon - Shea Vineyard.

The color was shiny and not dense. The aroma had nice strawberry, rubarb and some fruit seed. The mouthfeel and body of the wine had much more depth than color or even the nose was giving. This wine really packed a hidden punch of rich berry flavors, with some smooth spice and a very strong follow through.

A very clean - sharp wine that improved as the bottle was going down. Smooth and silky. Nothing wrong hear imo and a lot right. For the money, the Raptor Ridge Pinot Noir from the 2006 vintage is a wine bottle I recommend pretty strongly.

A high QPR (Quality Price Ratio)

I'm not sure what the production amount for this wine. If someone knows, feel free to post it - including the winemaker! By all means - participate.

Wine Score: 91 POINTS

No comments: