The Paleo Recipe Book

Thursday, February 19, 2009

2007 Neal Family Zinfandel - Neal Winery, Wine Bottle

Tried a bottle of the 2007 Neal Family Zinfandel. I have been drinking Neal Family for several years. They are a napa family winery that makes wonderful cabernet sauvignon, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah and Sauvignon Blanc. I should also throw in that they make really natural and tasty extra virgin olive oil. I love good olive oil! Need some more actually....

We have also met Mark Neal (wine owner) in New York City when he has come to visit. A solid guy who makes true california full flavored Napa Valley Zinfandel, Cabernet and more.

Anyway, I have been drinking their zinfandels for the past 4-5 years. The 2007 zinfandel wine is packed and layered with dark forward mountain fruit. This Neal is my kind of zinfandel. Dark rich fruit without feeling heavy and without burning high alcohol heat. I don't have the bottle with me (although I could easily go downstairs to see) but I believe it is under 15% and it is perfectly balanced. I think this bottle and vintage is the best Neal Zin in at least 2 years. Maybe it's just my style, but it works really well. It's a fun wine to drink!

Price point for this quality works well also. $24 (give or take a few bucks) is a great buy for this quality IMO. I have a case (well - less a bottle) and will enjoy these. Drink now - 2 years for peak imo, but longer wouldn't be a big risk either.

I did not write detailed notes on the 2007 Neal Family Zinfandel, but I would rate it a solid:

91 Points

Buy Wine Rabbit Corkscrew

Search ANY Wine bottle:

No comments: