The Paleo Recipe Book

Monday, March 9, 2009

2008 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc

A very consistent producer of affordable, fun and tasty sauvignon blanc. Although there are vintages of Kim Crawford I have like slightly more than others, they are pretty close and solid year to year. The 2008's I have had from others have been fairly straight to the producer and similar to 2007.

Taste Review Notes

Green fruits with peach and tropical aroma and green. The taste was a little more tangy and a little heavier on the grapefruit. The acidity was vibrant as expected. Very crisp and clean, but I did not find this bottle as smooth as last year or the 2006 offering. I wanted to love this again, but didn't. This has scored in the 90 point range almost every year lately by Wine Spectator and even hacks like me! I don;t know what WS gave it yet or if they did or not.

I went through a case of the 2007 Kim Crawfords last summer and they were always the party pleaser. This one will be also, but I did not like it as much.

87 Points

No comments: