The Paleo Recipe Book

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

2005 Revolution Shiraz - Mclaren Vale Shiraz

It has been a while for me with Australian Shiraz, so when I saw the 2005 Revolution (which was rated 91 points Wine Spectator I believe) for under $25, I grabbed a few.

I hate to generalize and I'm no blind tasting expert, but I can peg most Australian Shiraz as Aussie wines. I think it has to do with that I generally only drink Rhone style syrah from California and France and the producers and vineyards I drink generally don't produce thick tasting wines. So, yes - you guessed it. The 2005 Revolution is a thicky.

Review Score and Note

This was opened for about 2 hours. Tasted, then corked again for 3 more hours.

The aroma gave off plums, blueberry and some sweet spices and was fairly open. The nose did evolve over the several hours of tasting this. The aroma was thick though. The alcohol is 15%, which isn't crazy and there was no noticable heat.

The taste and feel was very full and thick. The flavors had black cherry, dark rasberry and some chocolate - especially on the finish but the wine was just too heavy...almost "filling". I really struggled wanting to finish it. The Revolution was a wine that tasted fine and had nothing off about it. It was just TOO much weight for me and pretty simple. Not my style.

86 POINTS

Create your own bottle of wine!

No comments: