The Paleo Recipe Book

Monday, February 16, 2009

2005 Alcina Pinot Noir - Alcina Sangiacomo Vineyard Wine

I was able to find the 2005 Alcino Sangiacomo Vineyard Pinot Noir wine at a very good buy via online auction. It was fairly well rated and the price was pretty attractive, so I went for it. Doesn't take much with me! lol


2005 Alcina Pinot Noir Sangiacomo Vineyard Sonoma

I opened this about 30-45 minutes before drinking and we had this over a 90 minute period. The wine had an earthy aroma of cranberry and some baked apple. The mouthfeel was fairly heavy. On the palate it supported the nose with tastes of sour cherries, dark fruit and some smoke.

Ok. I love pinot noir - and earthy pinot. My first problem with this wine was it falls short in sugar. Not in alcohol but in pure sweetness to the the taste. I don't want a sugary wine but this almost had almost a sugar-free flavor to it. It also turned pretty sour towards the end. The finish on the Alcina was decent in length. It just wasn't a finish I really enjoyed. Turned rough and tart and after a while I just got tired drinking it.

Not my style. It may be yours.

84 Points.

Find Alcina Pinot Noir Wine - Sonoma County

Search a bottle:


No comments: