The Paleo Recipe Book

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dashe Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley - 2006 Dashe Wine Notes, Zinfandel Score

Dashe is a wine producer in California that began in 1996. I had heard about their Zinfandels last year and have wanted to try one for some time. Writing notes for the first time on a wine like the 2006 Dashe Zinfandel dry creek valley was fun.

Dashe sources grapes for their wine making. They produce a few different Zinfandels. I am anxious to try others. The 2006 Dashe dry creek valley zinfandel was sourced by me via auction. I might want to look into getting some of these wines direct.

2006 Dashe Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel Note

This wine right away showed finesse and class for a zinfandel. It did not appear weighty, heavy or thick. The nose gave off very pleasant aromas of warm berries, caramel and some spice. Very little heat. The alcohol of 14.5% seems perfect on the nose. The mouthfeel was medium to full, but not thick, chewy or overdone. Tastes of
blackberry, and sweet seeded fruit with some cream. No hotness and a clean classy finish. Not overly long - but I find many Zinfandels with "wow" finishes tend to kill you with alcohol, suger and hotness.

I'd rather have less of a finish if the type is smoothed out. I tend to factor that into my score. But to each his own. The great thing about wine right?

Score 90 Points.

Find Any Wine:


Price: I have seen this zinfandel wine listed at $20 or more. I got it on the Internet for $15.00. A screaming buy at that price when you consider many of the other zinfandel producers (many worth it) at $30, $40 and up.


View Haier Wine Cellar Units

No comments: