The Paleo Recipe Book

Friday, October 31, 2008

2005 Switchback Ridge Merlot - Switchback Wine

This was a wine I have had before and I have loved it every time I have had it. Switchback makes crazy good Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petite Sirah. Just really rich and yummy stuff.

I did not take formal notes of the 2005 this time. It was opened on Halloween after a day/night of trick or treating. Dinner is rarely a big deal for us and I'm sure others on Halloween with all the walking around and candy chomming. So, if dinner wasn't getting done, I reached for the 2005 Switchback Merlot. I can't eat kit kats and almond joys all night!

The wine was terrific. At least 5 years of long life ahead of itself if aged. One of the best merlots in California. Ranked up there with Pride, Paloma and a select few other quality merlot producers.

Find Any Wine in the World:

Search for wine:

No comments: