The Paleo Recipe Book

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cuvaison Chardonnay - Cuvaison 2008 Carneros

Cuvaison Chardonnay Wine Review

Hi all. A lot of white wine reviews by me lately. Guess I'm hanging on to summer :) Cuvaison Chardonnay is up next! This is a chardonnay right in my "wheel house" style wise. Balanced, Rich in Flavor but not overly oaky or buttery. It is a California Chardonnay.

This wine cries "have me with clams and shellfish" - wish I had some now!...but I will have to suffer with good Italian Fiore di Sardegna cheese and the Cuvaison.

The wine in the glass has a really nice color that hints at the full flavor, body but non syrupy or heavy chardonnay and that does become true when the aroma and taste come thru.

The nose came thru nice with pine nuts and some buttered popcorn actually! Ok - now I'm craving buttered popcorn lol

The Cuvaison has nice orunded butter and toasted almond flavors but it is not "heavy" on the palate nor any heat here. It's got a little spritz too which I like. The alcohol is fully integrated into this wine and it a young Chardonnay.

The finish is solid but not above average long and it turns a little lighter at the end. I don't mind that in a white wine as I'm looking for crispness, refreshing and flavor and the Cuvaison Chardonnay delivers there!

Cuvaison Chardonnay Price


Ahh... a very good part to this white wine and California Chardonnay is Price! Under $25 and for a strong quality California Chardonnay - that really wails. Compare this to $65 Kistlers and you'll see. And while I love Kistler, Martinelli, Dutton Goldfield and others, the pricing has gotten a little crazy the last 10 years.

2008 Cuvaison Chardonnay Wine Rating: 91 Points

1 comment:

Nick said...

Finished the rest of this tonight. Very tasty wine! :)

Enjoy everyone!

Nick