The Paleo Recipe Book

Friday, October 22, 2010

2009 Kris Pinot Grigio

I have been enjoying the Kris Pinot Grigio over the last year or so. I only saw it in the stores over the last 2 years I think. I usually don't drink and post notes on that many pinot grigios - but there have been some very good ones lately for me - [see also Tiefenbrunner on this blog]. The 2009 Kris is certainly one I happily recommend. You'll see it between $10-$14 or so.

Nose of green apples and fresh cirtus. The taste is very balanced and rounded with tastes of tropical fruit and good acidity. Has that style that will remind you of good New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc!

The finish is good for a pinot grigio - which is limited. Only negative it is slightly green and hard on the finish. A very solid everyday white wine though. Oh and a screw cap too! UNPLANNED WINE RANT HERE: Why are there any pinot grigios still with cork or synthetic cork? Screw Top is the way to go! I have $40 Pinot Noirs that have gone the screw top way - and I love it! Ok some purists aren't that absolute about it but Pnot Grigio? cmon! [RANT ENDS] :)

Buy the 2009 Kris Pinot Grigio

Not sure where to rate this, I'll go 87-88 Points.

No comments: