The Paleo Recipe Book

Monday, October 18, 2010

2006 Domaine de St. Paul Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Jumille

I am enjoying this wine with my wife now. The 2006 Domaine St Paul Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Jumille is a really polished wine at this early stage. It has deep aromas of spice, dates, prunes, and figs - which I love! Gotta love figs :)

The color of this wine is deep and lush looking. The nose really is terrific on this Chateauneuf du Pape but is hinting at "don't drink me now!" But hey - it's too late lol. I cooked a nice pork roast with oven baked potatoes ready to match with am old world wine.

Ok now I'm picking up really nice vanilla. Wife thinks I'm nuts of course, but hey - it's my job ha-ha

Now on to taste the Domaine Saint Paul. As expected, the wine is restrained and not quite ready. It was opened for 2 hours, but my first wine drinking window analysis is another 2-5 years on this one. It is wonderfully smooth with cherry and mineral flavors and rounded tannins.

I am really loving this wine - oh and the best part (well one of the best parts) is the price! Under $25 which is a total friggin steal here.

The 2006 Domaine St Paul Chateauneuf du-pape (man I hate writing that all out for spelling reasons lol) is a "stock up" wine. A perfect tuck away but it is also not a tannic closed monster that could not be served now.

I'm impressed - for what that's worth! ha-ha

This CDP: 92 Points!


Wine Value Pro System

No comments: