The Paleo Recipe Book

Monday, April 6, 2009

You Tube Wine Videos

I wanted to take a break from posting wine notes and mention a great way to spend time drinking a bottle of wine (I guess a glass is good enough for some! lol). youtube just has some terrific wine videos on there. I don't know about you guys but if I'm by myself in my home office (many times on purpose - wife and 2 kids) with a wine, I love to watch and listen to wine themed videos.

Not only are many of the wineries themselves making great on-site videos, but also just visitors and regular people with a video recorder of course.

Just typing in "napa wineries" or "Bordeaux Harvest" "2005 Burgundy" and dozens of other great searches really gives nice wine videos to geek out with while sipping something special. I was watching a great vid the other day by Chateau Palmer presented by the owner in the vineyard! - talking about sugar levels, when they look to pick and so much more. It really was awesome.

I am also a fan of Wine Library and Gary Vaynerchuk. I know some people think he's a little over the top but I think it's great. His videos are not 3 or 4 minutes, which I hate. They are 20 minutes or so and are very informative. He's honest and regularly pans a bad wine even though Wine Library probably has 100 cases of it. I like the guy and what he does. Ok - I'll leave that there.

I really love the small winery or even better - small vineyard owners. Some vineyards are so special that they grow and sell grapes to several quality producers. In California, you'll see bottles with wine grown from Gary's Vineyard or Shea Vineyard in Oregon and so on. Some of these growers have wonderful homemade videos of their life and what they do.

These vids are great to hang out with and escape to. Some people need more escaping than others I guess....

No comments: