The Paleo Recipe Book

Saturday, May 16, 2009

2005 Kalleske Greenock Shiraz

My Australian Shiraz intake has declined over the last few years. While I hate to generalize any varietal or country (I get peeved by people who do), I find a "majority" of Australian Shiraz to not fit my palate style. The Kalleske Greenock Shiraz was a wise buy and choice for me. The 2005 fit the bill.

The Kalleske Greenock had a very nice blackberry and brown sugar combination on the nose. Very sweet aroma but not candied or overdone. Still, I was concerned the taste would try to match or even out-do the aroma.

This 2995 offering had good color and body without an overthick look or swirl. The mouthfeel was very finessed with nice ripe dark fruit, fruit seeds and ligh chocolate with a very classy finish.

Wine Tasting Conclusion

I was very impressed and happy with the style of this wine. It really was balanced and had great fruit concentration. The Kalleske Shiraz was a wine I will seek out again.

I'd be interested to know who else has had this. I have not seen it until I bought it at auction at a good price. I don't know the WS or RP rating on this, but I'll gladly go:

92 Points

Enjoy!

No comments: